Dr. Brian M. Keel, M.D. – Virginia Ophthalmologist
Dr. Brian Michael Keel graduated with distinction from Hendrix College in Conway, AR, with a Bachelor in Chemistry. He continued his education at the University of Arkansas for Medical Science College of Medicine where he graduated with Honors as a Doctor of Medicine.
Dr. Keel’s postgraduate training includes a residency in emergency medicine at the Bowman Gray School of Medicine in Winston-Salem, NC. He worked as a staff physician in emergency medicine at Forsyth Memorial Hospital. Dr. Keel then moved to Charleston, SC to complete a residency in Ophthalmology at the Medical University of South Carolina. Upon completion of residency he stayed for additional fellowship training in surgical/medical retina in Charleston, SC and Memphis, TN.
Dr. Keel is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society and the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
Education & Training
- B.A., Hendrix College, Conway, AR
- M.D. ,University of Arkansas for Medical Science College of Medicine
- Emergency Medicine Residency, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC
- Ophthalmology Residency, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Surgical/Medical Retina Fellowship, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- Mary Immaculate Hospital
- Sentera Hampton CarePlex Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Awards & Honors
- Vollatton Award for Academic Excellence in Ophthalmology