Refractive Surgery at Hampton Roads Eye Associates – Oyster Point
Refractive surgery is a method for correcting or improving your vision. The procedure involves reshaping the cornea to adjust your eye’s focusing ability.
For people who are nearsighted, refractive surgery techniques will reduce the curvature of a cornea so that the eye’s focusing power is lessened and farsighted people will have refractive surgery procedures that achieve a steeper cornea to increase the eye’s focusing power.
At Hampton Roads Eye Associates we preform the following types of refractive surgery:
- Refractive Lensectomy (RL)
- Conductive Keratoplasty (CK)
- Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) (STAAR).
Candidates for Refractive Surgery must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not be pregnant or nursing
- Be in good general health
- Have a stable prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Have no eye diseases
Individuals interested in laser vision correction will undergo an extensive pre-surgical consultation to determine if they are appropriate candidates. For additional information, please call Hampton Roads Eye Associates.