Comprehensive Eye and Vision Examination – Oyster Point, VA
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. Many eye and vision problems have no obvious signs or symptoms. Therefore, individuals are often not aware that a problem exists. A thorough exam helps us create a baseline, allowing us to detect changes from year to year in a fast and efficient manner. This makes diagnosing and treating all eye conditions more effective.
A comprehensive eye and vision exam can take an hour or more, depending the number and complexity of tests required to fully evaluate your vision and the health of your eyes. During you eye exam we will assess your level of vision and detect any abnormalities, misalignments, or diseases, such as glaucoma, if present. Also, you sight can change, therefore, general eye examinations are also performed to make sure that a patient with glasses or contacts continues to benefit from their current prescription.
A comprehensive eye and vision examination may include, but is not limited to, the following tests:
- Slit-Lamp evaluation, for detecting infection and disease, and examining the entire structure of the eye
- Eye pressure test, for detecting signs of glaucoma, a disease that causes nerve and vision loss
- Evaluation of one’s eye muscles and side vision
- A Refraction to determine the prescription of the eye
- Dilation Test, for detecting any irregularities that may be present on the inside of the eye